Sunday, July 3, 2016

The Younger Generation is the Future

When I was a lot younger, my mother always told me to take life seriously because "before you know it" so much time has passed by and you will wish you had been more focused and did certain things with more seriousness.
With the advancement in technology, the younger generation today is exposed to the world right at their finger tips, right on their mobile phones, and they can swim thru all the parts of the world in seconds. If you asked an 85 year old man or woman if they ever thought the advancement would have come this quick, they will sincerely tell you that it came quicker than ever expected.
So just as the saying goes, with responsibility comes accountability. Yes, a whole lot has gone wrong with the use of social media, cell phones and we cannot overly emphasize how serious this is.
There's a lot to talk about, but I will cite a few examples.
I saw a video on Facebook of a little boy who should be about 4 or 5, and before I saw him in the video, a certain girl was acting like a slut with a lollipop in her mouth, and then this little boy who ought to be reading and learning to make complete sentences got right in front of the camera and made statements so vulgar I have never used in my life expressing how he will "have sex" with this grown woman. I felt disappointed at who ever uploaded the video for the kid, or whoever his parents or guardians are. It is sad to know that the boys mind is already filled so much immorality. Whatever happened to morals? Where's the world heading to? If the younger generation is the future and the world of entertainment and social media makes the younger ones feel its okay to say or  do whatever they feel like, and act however they want to, then I envision an uncertain future where the young men and women of that time would have wasted their lives in their early years.
Parent and Guardians, we know it is a little demanding raising these kids these days, but we have to do all we can to instill good morals into them and let them know when those things they do and the way they act is inappropriate.
A little discipline will never kill the child. Because we do not hit children in this part of the world, there are a lot of other ways to make a child see when he has done wrong and needs to take correction. Do not let that second pass by before you let this kids know they need to stop and act better. Because waiting a little longer, you may forget or decide not to discipline anymore and the child thinks their actions are acceptable. We have to do something about this before it gets totally out of hand. I just thought I should say it how I feel because I couldn't keep this to myself anymore.
The younger generation is the future, and if we don't  shape them in the right path, then the future is not looking promising at all.
Its Chiaka, Chasari the LagosNewyorker.

No comments:

Post a Comment