Monday, July 18, 2016

The Music Trend

Its summer in 2016, and the month of July is slowly leaving us. Which is not a bad thing, but how much have we done in July? Did we make the best of it? Did we miss out on certain opportunities and options that could have been explored? I know many of us will have similar comments but it's not a bad thing if you see reasons to reassess what you could do better next time.
Well, I know a whole lot of friends and acquaintances who have been into different professions but are suddenly going into music as a career which is great and commendable. But the folly in this is, a whole lot of them are doing this just because they think they will be the next rave in town which is also very possible, but do we know that certain things are not just for everybody?
Well, I believe certain people are talented at certain things and they are masters at it when they work on themselves, but I am also a true believer that some people with no talent will make fame that will surpass the talent when they strive hard and work and work and work towards their dreams.
But I still insist, music is not just for everyone! Some people suck at it completely and they can sincerely tell themselves that it's not meant for them and they shouldn't be bothering themselves going for studio sessions and wasting time they would have put into something else they would have been more productive at. But, prove me wrong with your success in future and I will be one of the first people to patronize you because I love success, the smell and the feel of it.
So, the point I am trying to make here is: Be truthful to yourself. The worst thing you can do is lie to yourself. You can lie to others, but the moment you begin to tell yourself lies, you are finished!
If you know one thing is not good for you.... Move on to other things.
I have seen younger ones lining up waiting on the mic to express themselves because they believe they will excel at music, but have you taken a look at the X factor and other music talent hunts we have out there. Yes, it is proof that some of us will miss out on the things that really matter and could make us better people and a success in our career when we are pursuing things that are not meant for us. If writing is a waste of time for me, believe me, I will switch my career goals immediately.
It's Chiaka, Chasari the LagosNewYorker.

No comments:

Post a Comment