Monday, May 30, 2016

Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) festival 2016.

So, I was invited and opportuned to go check out the BAM festival on Sunday May 29th 2016, and I loved every bit of the show. First let me explain who BAM is, to our readers who may not be conversant with them. BAM stands for the Brooklyn Academy of Music. You can call it a museum. But I will call it an Arts Performance Venue in NY City. A festival was held and people of all crafts were invited to exhibit what they made.

Here are a couple of pictures I was able to get from the festival:






















































People who know me well, know that I am an advocate for anything Hand-Made from the scratch because I have my own brand for Handmade shoes and clothing. For this reason, I am very delighted whenever I see or meet people who share my sentiments.
Did you wonder why I am called the Lagos-Newyorker? This is because I am originally from Lagos Nigeria but now a New Yorker. This means I can blend in both cultures together and I did this with my partner Rosemary Garcia who is top on my list for Inspiration. She Inspires me in every single way and she is someone I would recommend any aspiring brand or business to check out and learn from. Remember when I interviewed Cedric Dark of the Berda Brand last week? She was the one he spoke about as being his mentor. In fact she has a Brooklyn Creative Studio here in Bushwick, East Williamsburg where she teaches 78 different classes. Yes! You heard me right. 78 Different classes. Her website is www.brooklyncreativestudio.com and there you can read about her and all that she does. She also was my inspiration behind starting a Bow-Tie Line, and I will be posting pictures of things I do whenever I write an article about myself.
Hopefully I will be attending more shows and festivals and will be able to bring you guys interesting stories and pictures like these.
I remain Chiaka, Chasari the Lagos-NewYorker. 





No comments:

Post a Comment